Monday, 5 June 2017

Carrot Cake Recipe - Kenwood KMix Review


I love carrot cake, it is one of my most favorite cakes and I was really excited to try making it in my new Kenwood KMix. Last week I made an easy chocolate Birthday cake and it went down very well indeed. It was really simple to make using the food mixer so I was excited to see much easier it would make my carrot cake recipe.

The main thing I like about the KMix is how robust it is. A solid bit of kit, I quite happily let my older kids and teenagers use it to create their own recipes. I don't worry at all that they will break it because it feels like it has been built to last. I like that it is quite heavy so it sits rigid on the work top without moving around when in use. 

I also love that it has a lid that my old Kenwood mixer didn't have, this is great for minimising any dust plumes from flour and icing sugar. I guess you could say that is my favorite feature of the KMix, it's brilliant. 

Another great feauture is that the bowl is glass, which I like because I can see what I'm mixer and when I need to give the bowl a little swoop with my spatula. I like be able to watch my creation mixing.

The Kenwood KMix comes with:

  • K-beater, shaped perfectly to reach every area of the generous 5L bowl, ideal for mixing dry ingredients and crushing biscuits for cheesecake bases.  
  • Balloon whisk, designed to trap air easily while whisking to add maximum volume to the ingredients, ideal for Meringues or simply whipping cream.  It is also fantastic for light and fluffy flawless cakes 
  • Dough hook, formed to take the hard work out of kneading bread, fantastic for tough white breads such as brioche, stolen and pizza bases.  
  • Splashguard, with extra large chute for adding ingedients easily
  • Spatula, for easy removal of ingredients to ensure you get every last drop.



Method:

1. Grate your carrots and place them to one side.
2. Add soft brown sugar, eggs and oil to a mixing bowl and mix using the K beater attachment until light brown and creamy.
3. Add the carrots and continur mixing.
4. Add the mixed spice, ginger and flour. Continue mixing.
5. Grease your cake tin and add your cake mixtre.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C (300–325°F) Gas mark 3 for 30 - 40 mins. 







Frosting:
1. Add all to a clean mixing bowl and beat together, then simply decorate your cake and sprinkle with walnuts.






ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...