Monday, 29 May 2017

Easy Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe



Over the coming weeks I will be sharing a variety of easy recipes to make the most of your Kenwood Kmix. I will be posting an in depth review and my experience of using this machine, the KMix stand mixer KMX754WH next week so please look out for that as well as another recipe - Carrot Cake. My last Kenwood stand mixer was purchased by a family member during the 1960's and passed down to me. It only packed up a couple of years ago!

The first thing I made with my new Kmix was a Birthday Cake for my Brother. I must admit I'm not the greatest baker, my cakes are not always a success and I dream of being able to create a delicious sponge. I am hoping that my Kenwood mixer will help me in my quest to become a better baker.


Method:

    1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease your cake tin. I used two cake tins, one for the bottom of the cake and a thinner tin for the top of the cake.
    2. Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl or your mixer bowl and mix until pale and fluffy. I used my whisk attachment on my mixer and let whisk for about five minutes.

    3. Sift the flour and cocoa and gently fold in. As I was using my Kenwood mixer I added the flour and cocoa to the egg/sugar mix, swapped my attachment for the K beater and let it mix. I gradually added my milk and melted butter through my dust lid.



4. Spoon the mixture into your tins and lightly level the top. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

5. Remove from the oven leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out on to a wire rack and leave to go cold.

Buttercream:
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool until the chocolate no longer feels hot to the touch
  2. Beat the butter in a bowl or add to your mixer bowl until soft using your K beater attachment, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
  3. Fold in the melted chocolate (add a few drops of milk if needed).


    
Add your buttercream to the centre of your cake and on top and decorate.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...