Wednesday, 2 July 2014

A Younger Me


A younger me loved her Sindy doll, her Tiny Tears and her Chopper bike. She loved to climb tree's, make mud pies and rose petal perfume in lemonade bottles. She liked to watch Wonder Woman, Scooby Doo and the Fall Guy on a big square telly. She fiercely protected her little Brothers, adored her cousins and was in awe of her Auntie Jilly (Jolly Jilly). She loved her Grandparents garden, thought her Mum was beautiful and her Dad was cool. Her knees were always dirty, her hands muddy, she wanted to be a boy and dreamt of one day becoming an insectologist or a fashion designer. But most of all she enjoyed a happy childhood. What fun it would be to return to that childhood just for one day.


10 comments:

  1. Ah your early childhood was my growing up. For the first time I wasn't the baby lol. My proudest moment was being allowed to take you out in your huge silver cross pram lol. I was proud as punch. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo, I was a bit of a tomboy too with dirty knees though still love dressing up dolls. Happy days! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww this is beautiful and so reminded me of my own childhood too .. my grandparents garden was the best garden in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, what happy memories. I can relate to pretty much all of those, especially the petal perfume! I didn't want to be a boy but that's about the only difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know right?! This is a good prompt. I am reading so many happy, sad but all of them are beautiful stories of the past. =) #TheGallery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose petal perfume! Oh yes that was me. Scooby doo. Animal magic too. Brought back lots of memories that post thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that's so cool, really positive, nice one and brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...an insectologist sounds like a great job! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to remember this. Pleasures were so simple in the 70s and there's a lot to be said for that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...