Monday, 28 February 2011

Magpie Monday - Charity shop finds

This weeks Magpie Monday I have some more Kitchenalia to show you that I have found in charity shops.
First Photo is some lovely 1950's bakeware that I paid £1 each for. It was love at first sight...The vibrant blue flowers are gorgeous and instantly gained my attention. I've baked many cakes in them.

The second and third photo is a pair of Johnsons bros, pareek serving bowls from the 1930's. They are so pretty and in immaculate condition. I paid £1.50 each for these.




I mainly use them during BBQ's and fill them with potato salad and rice dishes.



Next is My tea, coffee & sugar pots. They are retro 80's made by Sadler and after a bit of research I discovered Boots the chemist used to sell them. I loved them as soon as I spotted them and was so chuffed to get them for £2 for the whole set.



A few weeks after buying the tea and coffee pots I spotted a matching Tea pot in another charity shop. I was so thrilled and when I saw it sitting all alone on a top shelf I thought my heart was about to burst. I paid £4 for it and Love, love, love it!


Pop over To Me and My shadow to see what lovely second hand treasures everyone else has found.


7 comments:

  1. How funny to find the matching teapot. Happily reunited :0)

    I love your serving bowls, they are so pretty.

    Thanks for linking up again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bowls are lovely, food must look so appealing served from them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless, I have a memory of those cat jars, I can't quite grasp it, where I know them from. It will come to me at 3.am in the morning ! What a lovely selection this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mama S. I've just started working in a charity shop so I'll be on the hunt for bargains!

    p.s. Am going to add your blog badge to my blog love page if that's okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually remember that range in Boots (they don't even have a cookware section anymore do they?)
    Love those pretty big bowls and glad they get some use too - it's a shame when things are stashed away all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a good set of kitchenalia and yours is fabulous especially the serving bowls - gorgeous. I'm off to have a good rummage round your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the containers and teapot especially as I am now a cat convert. Wanting some new ones so may have to go to the charity shops again in search of something like you got but different so I can share it.
    My Magpie Monday bits are at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...